Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Experiment Two Supplement: Light and Negative Space

After seeing my final submission, my tutor asked me to try to capture more significance in my imagery by making use of light. Having experimented with the use of lighting in CryEngine, I must concede that the play of light and shadow does lend the architecture a dramatic dimension not previously achieved.

Actively exploring the light through the addition of 'artificial' light sources in CryEngine was useful in better understanding the play of light and shadow from daylight.




Subtraction accentuates the verticality inherent in the cubic form.

The simplicity of the negative space becomes apparent, as the outer world is all but eclipsed by the weight of what remains

Simplicity is achieved through isolation. Connected to the outside through negative space, yet removed by mass. 


No comments:

Post a Comment