Saturday, June 22, 2013

Supplement: EXP3 Submission Component Three - Texture

Whilst this image requires neither serious contemplation nor comprehension from anyone viewing this project, and is not necessary under the requirements of EXP3, I do consider it an important step in my own process of moving from textures on the notebook page to application on the surfaces of my architecture.

What you see below is a study of tone and texture. I have altered the hardness and colour of my entire texture range to 'blend' with my architecture. In this case, I have no use for a white tile, as I do not consider the resulting contrast to be a constructive addition to my concept, preferring a stark singularity set against more carefully considered variation to the visual chaos favoured by some. 

What this study allows me is an insight to how each of my texture tiles will act as a stitched canvas, and an opportunity to make informed decisions in my final selection process. 

From top to bottom: Linear, Rotational, Scalar, Erratic, Exploding, Staggering.


No comments:

Post a Comment